Monday 29 August 2011

Presentation of Assignment


Presentation Stage sixth stage, feelings of relief are common with a sense of satisfaction if the search has gone well or disappointment if it has not.  The task is to complete the search and to prepare to present or otherwise use the findings (Kuhlthau, 2007).

The Presentation of the Context of the Literature Review. Once I had gathered all the information on to different pages for the parts I would be focusing on, I then went through a process of deciding what information  I wanted to include in my assignment and how I should set my assignment up.  

At this stage according to Kuhlthau (2007) I was supposed have feelings of relief, sense of satisfaction, however, on the contrary I was feeling: 



I started of with first an introduction paragraph about what I was going to put into my literature review and then explained the Information Learning Activity and what that was about.  I was feeling happy about that part of this part of the assignment. 

The next thing to do was to organise which section  I was going to write about. I thought because students need to be information literate I would start at looking at this. I went to the section  i had found information on and decided which quote would be a great opening sentence. I found one and used that as an introduction to the first paragraph. Then I wrote about what it meant to be information Literate. As I was writing this paragraph I realised that to be information literate you needed to have information literacy skills.  So this was going to be my next paragraph to write about.

I found another great quote paraphrased it and used it as my opening sentence.  I then backed it up with other information that I had found in my exploration stage and gradually wrote the paragraph on Information Literacy. While writing this paragraph I realised that this was linked to Inquiry based learning. Students use the skills of Information Literacy to Inquire about different topics and find information of various topics that they are doing for their assignments.  With this in mind I started looking at the information that I had gathered and choose various sources to use in my Assignment.

I was going to write a Curriculum paragraph but after searching for information regarding how Science Curriculum relates with Guided Inquiry it ended up repeating what I had written in my assignment already. I decided to put the relevant parts in the sections that related to them and thus mixed the curriculum in with the rest of the assignment. Because I didn't find any relevant information referring to the Curriculum and Year 2 Science I decided to search to see what the Science curriculum said about Inquiry Based learning and found that it discusses about this quite a lot.


 Bibliography:
Kuthlthau, Carol. (2007). Guided Inquiry: Learning  in te 21st Century. Libraries Unlimited. United States of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment