Sunday 28 August 2011

Reflecting on my searches

Overall how did I know once I had all of my information what I was going to keep and what I was going to disregard?

What I found to be helpful:
  • Definitions of specific models, activities
  • Anything that related to actively participation, questioning, HOT - higher order thinking when it came to Inquiry based learning.
  • If it related inquiry based learning to the curriculum and how to incorporate it
  • Anything that related to Science, Guided Inquiry and Year 2 there was not that much out there that consisted of all three.

What I learnt about searching on other databases?
  • I learnt that Google is not the be all and end all in searching and there are far better databases out there that are more likely to give me more relevant and reliable information than Google does.
  • A+ Education, Proquest, Google Scholar and ERIC are not as scary as I once thought they were and therefore now in my next assignments will aim to use them more than I use Google.
  • When I searched for Inquiry based learning this was seen as relating to computer or ICTs
  • IF it put in Inquiry sometimes it would come up with "enquiry" or "the inquiry of....." I suppose next time I will have to define more what   I am exactly wanting to search for.
  • There was not enough articles, information or case studies on Year 2
  • Watching what term to use for "Year 2" or "Grade 2".

No comments:

Post a Comment